Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Favorite Day of the Year!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!

This truly is my favorite day of the year. Green is my favorite color, right before the whole rainbow spectrum (I actually have a tattoo of a huge rainbow and the Emerald City covering the lower half of my back). Hubby's birthday is tomorrow, and the first official day of spring is just days away (although this year, I think Spring settled in weeks ago!). I struggle with winter and by this time in the year, hope and happiness are beginning to seep into my pores. It also helps that we both love the fact that our ancestry can be traced back to the docks of Ireland. Hubby and I started making a huge deal out of St. Pat's the first year we were married and it stuck!

I had the day off, so my St. Pat's started in a very exciting way! I got to ride along with Hubby last night while he worked. Hubby starts his nights at around 5pm and works all through the night. We had a great time. I was a bit nervous that his partner wouldn't enjoy having a tag along, but I think we all three actually enjoyed each others' company. I got to ring in the Day of Green side by side with Hubby traipsing around the countryside. He even stopped and bought me a special green topped St. Patrick's Day doughnut for breakfast!

We got home around five this morning and I got to curl up in bed beside Hubby all morning. It is a rare occasion with this new job for us to get to sleep at the same time now and it's probably the one thing I miss the most. I was in a perfect state of contentment!

I hope that today has been as happy and enjoyable for you and your family! I'm going to go grab some sort of green goodies with Hubby for lunch and make the most of the rest of our day!

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the winds be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment